Summary of Position:
Deliver orders and collect payment from customers in a safe, timely, and professional manner representative of the high standards of Cappza’s Pizza. Drivers will receive hourly pay as well as the opportunity to receive tips, paid in cash at the end of each shift. Drivers will also be expected to efficiently perform back of house cleaning and prep work tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make deliveries of our product to residential and commercial locations.
- Learn the names and personally recognize our regulars.
- Cross-training for other positions as needed such as phone order taker, and order preparation.
- Record completed delivery orders accurately and immediately after receipt into POS system.
- Accept guest payment, handle credit card charges and make change.
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area associated with the job function.
- Do dishes and other cleaning projects in between orders
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of product and supplies as stipulated in the shift duties.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Be able to prioritize best routing for more than one delivery at a time.
- Be 18 years of age.
- Possess suitable communications skills to create a positive interaction experience with our customers.
- Possess a valid state driving license.
- Have use of a properly maintained, licensed, and street-legal vehicle capable of driving upwards of one hundred miles per day.
- Maintain minimal or higher insurance coverage as mandated by state law.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record as stipulated by company policy and insurance carrier.
- Possess a cell phone to use for calling customers upon arrival.
- Be capable of reading a map and interpreting GPS directions.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and make change.
- Be able to work in a sitting while driving, standing, and walking position with frequent changes between positions.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Have exceptional grooming and hygiene habits.