Reports to: Restaurant Manager
Summary of Position:
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional experience for all of our guests. Take orders and prepare all menu items. Cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, poultry, vegetables, sauces, and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Prepare a variety of meats, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Understand and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods,
quality standards and rules, policies and procedures.
- Handle, store and rotate all products properly.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work and service area including tables, shelves, walls,
oven, and refrigeration equipment.
- Take food orders from guests; accurately enter orders in our point-of-sale system which
relays orders to the kitchen.
- Accept payment, process credit card charges or make change accurately.
- Handle phone orders with professionalism and accurately collect information needed to
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the
restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Promptly report equipment and food quality problems to Manager.
- Inform manager-on-duty immediately of product shortages.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the manager-on-duty.
- No previous restaurant experience required.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Have exceptional grooming and hygiene habits.